Located in Western Asia, Radical’s Training Center allows global workers to live among the unreached and experience full cultural immersion while gaining language and culture acquisition skills and instruction from seasoned, cross-cultural global workers with years of experience in the field. In addition to providing biblical instruction, the Radical Training Center aims to help future global workers develop the resiliency and practical skills necessary to make disciples and plant churches among some of the hardest-to-reach people and places on earth.
Radical defines a global worker as follows: a disciple of Jesus set apart by the Holy Spirit, sent out from the church to cross geographic, cultural, and/or linguistic barriers as part of a team focused on making disciples and multiplying churches. Due to the specific aims of Radical Training, this program focuses on equipping global workers who plan to serve among people and places where there is little or no access to the gospel.
Radical’s 8-month training program includes the following courses:
- God’s Mission in the Bible
- Jesus’ Mission in the Gospels
- The Apostles’ Mission in Acts and the Epistles
- Culture and Language Acquisition
- Culture and Mission
- Cross-Cultural Church Planting
- Business in Mission
- Life on the Field
We are now accepting applications through December 31, 2022 for the August 2023 – September 2024 program year.
For more information sign up for the latest on the Radical Training Center.
Who is the training center for?
The training center is for men and women who desire to be a part of a team that plants and supports healthy churches among some of the hardest-to-reach people and places on earth.
How will I know if I’m qualified?
We are looking for men, women, married couples with or without kids, or singles who:
- Have godly character and lifestyle as affirmed by their local church
- Are committed members of a local church
- Understand and can effectively communicate the gospel
- Are at least 24 years of age
- Are potential church planters (elder-qualified) or are able to serve in a support role for a church plant
- Are intending to go overseas long-term (not simply explore more about missions)
Where is the training center?
The training center is located in Western Asia in a location strategically chosen for its centrality to unreached areas and people groups. Due to security reasons, we cannot disclose more details about the exact location of the training center online and until a candidate is further along in the application process.
What makes this program different from other global worker training?
- Eight months of training in an overseas context near / central to regions not yet permeated with the gospel. Few training programs of this length take place overseas.
- Actual language learning (not only linguistics, or how to learn a language).
- Training led by veteran global workers with years of field work experience.
- Full-time residential staff
- Mid-term adjunct (1–2 months), active field workers, mentor students
- Short-term adjunct (1–2 weeks), experts in certain areas, Bible scholars, well-known missiologists
- Development of daily life rhythms for a foreign context alongside veteran mentors
- Process that includes difficulties and pressures that form character necessary to serve long-term among the unreached.
- Involvement with a business team that will be actively involved in consulting for cross-cultural business. Students can work as apprentices for active businesses near the training center location.
Where will we live?
In the community surrounding the training center but not on campus.
Can my family come with me?
Of course! Spouses and children are welcomed and encouraged to join a trainee at the training center.
What’s a pastor’s role in this process?
- Pray for wisdom, for God to reveal potential applicants, for applicants / candidates from your church who are going through the process, for trainees from your church who are in the program, for global workers in the field
- Identify members of your church who meet the criteria
- Encourage them to apply online
- Set up a meeting for them (or you and them) to meet with a Radical team member to discuss the details before applying
- Prepare / disciple members of your church who could be potential applicants in the future
- Provide ongoing prayer support
- Potentially provide financial support
What are the dates for this upcoming program year?
The upcoming program year will take place August 2023 – May 2024. Applications for the 2023/24 program year are due December 31, 2022.
How much will the training cost?
The total tuition cost per student will be approximately $19,000. In addition to education costs, tuition includes housing and two meals per week. Additional costs could include $2,000 per child and an estimated $6,000 of out-of-pocket costs for travel, insurance, books, food, etc.
Details on payment schedules, fundraising, and more will be shared throughout the application / enrollment process.
How do I learn more?
Contact our team at [email protected] or 205-547-2710